Do you want your next bed to be more organic?
PlushBeds offers the healthiest and most comfortable mattresses on the planet because of their dedication to sourcing only the highest-quality organic materials and they are constantly innovating to provide the best fit for individual sleep needs.
Our in-depth review of PlushBeds Botanical Bliss, which is part of the company’s organic latex line, will walk you through all the certifications and special features that make this product stand out, including luxurious comfort, support, responsiveness and cooling.
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss Organic Latex Mattress is handcrafted in the USA, with the finest quality GOLS certified organic latex, GOTS certified organic cotton and GOTS certified organic wool. It is GOLS, GOTS, Oeko-Tex Standard 100 and GreenGuard Gold Certified. No Chemicals. Non-Toxic. Hypoallergenic. Free shipping and returns. Free 100 night trial. 25 year warranty. 0% APR financing for 12 months.
This model is available in several different firmness levels: Soft, Medium, Medium-Firm, Firm and Extra-Firm You may also choose your preferred thickness: 9 inches, 10 inches, or 12 inches. This review is focused on the Medium 10-inch mattress, which should be the most versatile and accommodative.
Leave no stone unturned with our deep analysis or plunge ahead and get right to the score and summary.
You will love Botanical Bliss if you:
- Want comfort – These organic latex layers are quick-responding, both at the surface and base level that helps with repositioning, so you should not ever feel like you are stuck. Unlike some innerspring beds, this remains localized and will not disturb your partner.
- Prefer an organic mattress – This product has received environmental certifications, such as GOLS, GOTS, OEKO-TEX® and GREENGUARD Gold, which means the materials have been rigorously tested for harmful levels of dangerous chemicals. The cotton, wool, and latex meet global third-party standards for organic materials.
- Sleep hot – Organic latex does a great job resisting body heat, and PlushBeds has aerated the layers in this model for even more airflow. They have also included a breathable organic cotton cover with organic wool that wicks away moisture.
You might not like Botanical Bliss if you:
Are on a tight budget – This mattress was built with a lot of premium natural organic materials, including GOLS certified organic latex, GOTS certified organic cotton, and GOTS certified organic wool. It is also GreenGuard Gold certified for purity, and it costs substantially less than comparable beds in the retail space, that has this amount of organic materials. PlushBeds’ organic latex line also includes the Luxury Bliss and the Natural Bliss Mattresses:
- PlushBeds 12″ Luxury Bliss Mattress is handcrafted with a plush top layer of GOLS certified organic latex, an individually wrapped, pocketed coil core and a GOTS certified organic cotton cover with GOTS certified organic wool. It is GOLS, GOTS, Oeko-Tex Standard 100 and GreenGuard Gold Certified. It comes in medium and medium-firm. Free shipping and returns. Free 100 night trial. 25 year warranty. 0% APR financing for 12 months. https://www.plushbeds.com/Luxury-Bliss-Latex-Mattress-new.html
- PlushBeds Natural Bliss 100% Natural Latex Vegan Mattress is handcrafted, in the USA, with the finest quality 100% natural latex – no blends or synthetics and no chemicals. It has a GOTS certified organic cotton cover and it is 100% wool free and animal free. GOTS, Oeko-Tex Standard 100 and GreenGuard Gold Certified. It comes in 6″, 8″ and 10″ thicknesses and soft, medium, medium-firm and extra-firm. Free shipping and returns. Free 100 night trial. 25 year warranty. 0% APR financing for 12 months. https://www.plushbeds.com/Natural-Bliss-Natural-Latex-Mattress.html
Construction (Materials & Quality)
Botanical Bliss is a luxury organic mattress that is handcrafted, customized for you and delivered to your door for free from the company’s factory in California. The King and California King sizes may arrive in two separate boxes due to weight restrictions and require some assemblage.
The company strongly recommends only stable, flat surfaces, like platforms or slatted frames, with no more than 2 inches between the slats. This mattress works well with all adjustable frames. Also, for couples with different firmness preferences, you can customize each side of the bed in a different firmness in the queen, king and cal king split sizes.
The cover is made from GOTS certified organic cotton that is circular knit for an added elasticity and breathability that stretches with you and wicks away moisture. It is also fully-removable, which makes it easier to spot clean.
This review is for the 10-inch Medium mattress, but there are different comfort levels and thicknesses available that will change up the dimensions and specifications slightly.
PlushBeds 10″ Botanical Bliss Organic Latex Mattress is handcrafted with three 3″ layers of the finest quality GOLS certified organic latex, plus a GOTS certified organic cotton cover with GOTS certified organic wool. It is GOLS, GOTS, Oeko-Tex Standard 100 and GreenGuard Gold Certified. No Chemicals. Non-Toxic. Hypoallergenic. Free shipping and returns. Free 100 night trial. 25 year warranty. 0% APR financing for 12 months.
Firmness (Support & Feel)
On our firmness scale that scores mattresses between 1 and 10, with 10 being the firmest, the 10-inch Medium Botanical Bliss scored right in the center at a 5. A mid-range firmness tends to be the most popular because of its versatility and ability to accommodate different sleep styles. If you prefer something softer or firmer, this model is fully customizable and available in soft, medium, medium-firm, firm and extra-firm.
The organic cotton knit cover is soft to the touch and just pressing on mattress’ surface, you immediately feel the springiness beneath the wool layer. Climbing into the bed, you will notice how plush and quick-responding the comfort layer is and how it conforms to your curves without hugging you tight as traditional memory materials can.
With latex layers that are softer will cradle you deeper than latex layers that are more firm. With the Medium firmness of this model, you can expect a gently cradled feeling that will relieve your pressure points but should not make you feel stuck.
Because you sleep closer to the surface, more of your body is exposed to the air, which helps keep you cool. The naturally breathable foams have also been aerated and topped with breathable organic cotton and organic wool to wick away moisture and promote temperature-regulating airflow.
Moving around on the surface should not be difficult because of latex’s natural bounce and the denser support layer. Combination sleepers, who like to alternate between sleep positions, will enjoy the versatility of the Medium. You can also unzip the organic cotton cover and alternate the organic latex layers inside of the cover, to adjust the firmness at any time.
Back sleepers will feel the comfort layer conform to and support their lumbar region while the supportive base layer works on holding their spine straight. Why is that important for them? Find out here.
Most side sleepers, who commonly develop the most pressure points because they sleep with their weight concentrated on a smaller surface area, will enjoy how the comfort layer conforms to their curves and relieves pressure (find out how the mattress type affect them here).
Stomach sleepers need a bed with good support to keep their hips from sinking too low and holding their spine at an awkward angle. Most should be comfortably supported by the Medium, but those needing extra support, especially those with heavier midsections, may find the Medium-Firm is a better fit (or you can browse through our top picks here).
Everyone’s body is unique and experiences firmness differently. If, after you have received your new mattress, you feel like you have chosen the wrong comfort level, the company will work with you for 100-days to swap out layers until you find the perfect fit or you can return your mattress for a full refund, free of charge.
In general, latex beds perform better in this category than innerspring mattresses, and memory beds typically score the highest. Botanical Bliss does an excellent job isolating motion. All sleepers who share their sleep space with a partner who changes positions a lot should sleep undisturbed in this bed.
Bed-in-a-box brands do not typically excel in this category, but the Botanical Bliss performs slightly better than industry expectations for latex mattresses. When you sit on the edge with all your weight in one spot, you can expect to compress through the comfort layer to the support foam beneath. Lying on the side, you should not experience any difference in support compared to lying in the middle.
- Multiple Firmness and Thickness Options – The Botanical Bliss model is available in Soft, Medium, or Medium-Firm, Firm and Extra-Firm comfort levels that are each available in three different thicknesses: 9-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch.
- Customizable Firmness – For couples with different firmness preferences, you can customize each side of the bed in a different firmness in the queen, king and cal king split sizes.
- 100-Night Comfort Guarantee – The company offers a free comfort adjustment by swapping out layers during this time.
- Trial Period – To ensure this mattress is the best possible fit, you may try it out for 100 nights or return it for a full refund, free of charge.
- Warranty – The company offers a 25-year warranty on this product.
- Shipping – Free shipping within the contiguous U.S.
- Optional White Glove Delivery Service – PlushBeds offers white glove delivery for a $299 fee.
- Certified Organic Materials – The organic latex is naturally sourced and certified by the Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS), which guarantees it is free of harmful substances and emissions and that the final product contains at least 95% raw organic material that can be traced to the plantation of its origin. The organic cotton cover and the organic wool are certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) which guarantees at least 70% of the fabric is organic. The textiles are OEKO-TEX® certified, meaning they are evaluated at all processing levels for acceptable levels of hazardous chemicals. The GREENGUARD Gold certification indicates that the product passed some of the world’s most strict emissions standards.
Adjustable Base Compatible
Made in the USA
|Size||Dimensions (inches)*||Price (w/o discount)**|
|Twin||38” x 75” x 10”||$1,299|
|Twin XL||38” x 80” x 10”||$1,299|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”||$1,699|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”||$1,799|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”||$2,099|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”||$2,099|
* There is also a 9-inch tall and 12-inch tall version available for this model.
**You may order sizes Queen, King, and California King split for an additional charge.
9.8 TOTAL SCORE
PlushBeds Botanical Bliss latex bed is packed with organic materials from the cover to the foundation that provides a more organic sleep experience.
Botanical Bliss is stacked top to bottom with some of the highest-quality latex on the market, and its top-notch comfort and durable support make it a truly great value.
The naturally breathable latex is aerated for extra cooling and comfort, and the bounce and support of the foundation materials help make repositioning easy. The certified organic cotton and wool complete the package for a bed that will help keep you dry and cool.
Organic latex is a worthwhile investment, and the company is dedicated to working with its customers for 100 nights to help ensure that your PlushBeds pick is the perfect fit.